10 dating mistakes Skypesexchat com

Even with three extra days to submit your tax return this year, it’s easy to make a mistake when you’re rushing to get through the tedium of filing. This would be an error, though, if federal taxes were taken out of your paycheck, says Lisa Greene-Lewis, a certified public accountant with Turbo Tax.

Here are some common tax-filing errors the IRS and accountants see year after year. You could be missing out on a refund of those taxes.

couple dating in love straight talk - 10 dating mistakes

“If you got divorced on New Year’s Eve, you’re single all year.” You also may qualify as a head of household if you were single at the end of the year, financially support a dependent — who could be a child or parent — and provide more than half the cost of running your home.

Filing status often trips up filers and can affect their tax bill. Forgetting income You’ll receive a 1099 form if you’ve earned at least $600 from a part-time gig as a contractor, sold securities or earned interest or dividends on your investments. So if you neglect to report this income, count on hearing from the IRS when it discovers the discrepancy between what you claimed and what the 1099s show. Not taking RMDs After hitting age 70½, retirees must take required minimum distributions (RMDs) from traditional IRAs and 401(k)s.

Estate planning is a difficult task to tackle, but one that shouldn't be rushed. Mistake 1: Not having a plan Think estate planning is for someone older or richer than you are?

Experts warn we all need an estate plan regardless of our age, marital status or financial status.

The defaults may not work for you, especially if you have a blended family.

Things get even stickier if your heirs don't live in the same province you do.

These taxpayers have until this year’s deadline on April 18 to file a 2013 return to claim their money. “So if you can’t pay all that you owe on time, you should still file your return and pay as much as you can,” she says.

Otherwise, after three years, unclaimed refunds become the property of the U. Then take advantage of one of the IRS payment options to make good on the rest. Wrong route Make sure you provide the correct routing number if you want the IRS to directly deposit your refund in your bank account.

“I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about the government depositing refunds into the wrong account,” says David Selig, founder of True Tax

Sometimes the IRS discovers the mistake and cuts you a check instead, which can delay your refund, says IRS spokesman Eric Smith.

So if you changed your name and haven’t yet notified the Social Security Administration, you’ll have to use your old moniker. Extension confusion The IRS will grant you an extra six months to file your return if you ask for an extension by the April deadline. Do you file as a single or married person on your return?

Tags: , ,